Monday, March 12, 2007

Me??? Really???


"Me, a princess?"
"You are the legal heir."
"I never lead anyone."
"We will help you to be a princess, to rule. If you refuse to accept the throne then the kingdom will cease to exist as we know it."
-- The Princess Diaries

Leading...wow...that's such a scary thought. For much of my life, I stayed away from positions were I was required to lead. I've held many positions in clubs and organizations, but I've never been the president. I'm usually the behind the scenes worker who prefers that no one really notices what I've done.

Some of the scariest times I can remember have been when I've led...whether it's leading someone to Christ or leading a Bible study. It scares me, but at the same time, I can look back and see that those were the times when I leaned even more on God. Yes, I was the "leader," but I allowed Him to lead me.

As Christians, as children of God, as partakers in the inheritance of the saints (Colossians 1:12), we are called to lead. I am not so prideful as to believe that if I choose not to lead that God's kingdom will cease to exist. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He always has been, and He always will be. However, as His children, we have been granted the privilege to lead. He has showered upon us the privilege of showing Him to others. So let's embrace it. Wrap your arms around the command we've been given:
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit - Matthew 28:19.
Obeying this will look different for each of us. Some of may start discipling...some may begin leading a bible study...some may just strike up a conversation with a co-worker or classmate about Christ...whatever you do, do it for the glory of the Lord and allow Him to lead you as you lead others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

first, this princess picture of you is cathartic! i love it.
and i never thought of the kingom quite this way before. we really do have a pretty important role to fulfill...i have much to process, thanks.