Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Faithful

I miss running. At first I thought I missed it just because of the beautiful weather we've been having the past couple of weeks or maybe even because it's something that I've been told not to do (yes, I am a bit stubborn), but now I've realized that neither of those are the case. I miss running because I miss the time with God. Running for me was a time of worship. I'd lace up my shoes, hook up my iPOD, and set out. As I ran, I'd sing...I'd pray...sometimes I'd turn the music off and just listen. Some runs would end with tears streaming down my face. Some runs would end with a smile. All of my runs ended with me knowing that God had met me and that I am truly loved.

I have noticed some changes since I haven't been able to run. My quiet times are longer, and I have a deeper longing to just kneel at His feet. I can no longer run to meet God, but God is still faithful to meet with me.

No comments: