Monday, March 26, 2007

It's a 2 (or 3) cups of coffee kind of day.

I'm on my second cup of coffee. My coffee maker brews directly into to-go cups, so usually I only make one cup of coffee (or hot tea) each morning. I brew it and either enjoy it while I finish getting ready or take it with me up to school. Well, today is already a two cup day. When I was making coffee, I actually just went ahead and brewed into two to-go cups. I finished one at home and am now on my second.

I'm tired, but it's not a bitter tired. It's a peaceful tired. I couldn't go to sleep last night, and I actually woke up several times during the night, which is completely abnormal for me. But I wasn't awake because I was anxiously worrying about something...I had praises on my lips. Every time I woke up...I woke up singing.

Forever God is faithful.
Forever God is strong.
Forever God is with us.
Forever.

O Lord, You are my God.
I will exalt You,
I will praise Your name,
For You have done wonderful things;
Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
- Isaiah 25:1

3 comments:

Jen said...

Well, if you're going to be wakened in the middle of the night, I can't think of a better way to do it! :-)

Glad the Ranch dressing didn't make you sick...yuck! I'm an expiration date freak. :-) I cleaned out my parents' fridge and pantry over Christmas. There was a can of baking powder that EXPIRED in 1979. Is that scary or what?? Who knows when it was purchased!

Alyssa said...

Hey, don't you have an addition to make to your list of firsts? :)

Sarah said...

Jeanine, I know just how you feel! I hadn't yet opened my 6:45 AM Diet Pepsi when I got asked today if I'd had a rough night on call. I had just gotten to the hospital.

Great song to wake up singing, btw. :)