Friday, February 16, 2007

Perfection

Wait for it...wait for it...I am not perfect. There I said it.

Last night I made the comment that I was perfect, and the scripture verses started flying. Now, it was all in good fun...at least I'm hoping that it was. I know I'm not perfect. I am not always a good steward of what God has blessed me with. I don't always put God first...I like to think that I do, but I don't. I am inherently selfish...and so many others.

But...and this is an incredible but...I am forgiven. I have been saved by grace, and that grace wasn't just for a moment...God's grace is ongoing. His grace...His love is lavished down on me more and more each day.

I am dysfunctional, scarred, and buried, but as a Christian, I am also recovering, healed, and raised up. I am not perfect...only Christ is perfect, but I am striving for perfection...I am striving to be more like Christ.

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. - Philippians 3:12

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Yes, it was all in fun! You are loved! :)

Anonymous said...

you are a beautiful woman, perfect or not. the humility you live with says something of perfection, something of Christ likeness. i appreciate the post. Go Boldly.