Monday, February 05, 2007

Our Mission

Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. - Luke 10:3

I've heard the same message three times in two days.

Within three years, most christians no longer have any close non-christian friends. When they die, most christians will have never shared the gospel with anyone.

The last few weeks, God has really placed outreach on my heart. Now He has followed it up with a sermon (I was at my friends' church) and Kevin's message. For so many, I realize that outreach is outside their comfort zone...it's outside mine...and yet, I feel this prodding...this burning to do one of the things that scares me the most. The fear is what keeps people away. What will reaching out cost me? I'm not sure, but I know that the price of not going into the wolves is substantially more than the cost of going, even if the lambs are sacrificed there. And I'm not going alone...I am with you always (Matthew 28:20).

Nothing is really lost by a life of sacrifice; everthing is lost by failure to obey God's call. - Henry Parry Liddon

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Sometimes God gives a gentle nudge, sometimes a quiet whisper. Either way, I'm glad you're listening and paying attention! :)