Wednesday, May 21, 2008

To cut or not to cut...that is the question!

Right now is the time when third year medical students begin seriously considering what they are going to do in their future. Is it going to be surgery, pediatrics, internal medicine, anesthesiology, radiology, or something like aerospace medicine? Some know right off the bat. It's easy because they've wanted to be an obstetrician their whole life or the only rotation they've enjoyed is psychiatry.

And then there's the rest of us...unsure of exactly where we are supposed to go and what God has planned. As I talked with a classmate this afternoon, she made the comment that she imagines it's easier to make the decision without having to think about a husband or children. I happen to disagree. I think it would be easier to make a decision if I did have those to think about.

My dean wants my personal statement for residency applications in T-minus 7 days. I've tried to write it like 20 times already, but I can't get past the first paragraph.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I will be praying for you and your decision.

Sarah said...

Any decisions?