Monday, May 12, 2008

Fond memories

The other day I stopped by a very popular fast food restaurant to purchase a beverage. The line for the drive through was way too long so I decided to pop in and purchase my beverage at the counter. I ordered and was given my cup. I walked over to the soda fountain and realized that I would have to wait a minute or two because someone was ahead of me and she was making a suicide soda (you know...where you mix the different soda flavors together). She was very precise while making her concoction and would taste it after each addition. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself as I remembered doing the very same thing as a child. What made me smile even more was that the lady appeared to be in her eighties. Childlike innocence makes me smile...even in someone who isn't technically a child.

No comments: