Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Thankful

My last post was a thank you, and right now, I'm very thankful.

I'm thankful that I don't have to be anywhere until 1 PM, so I can spend the morning studying things like nuclear hormone receptors and tyrosine kinase receptors and oocytes while drinking delicious coffee in the warmth of my apartment (and possibly wearing fleece).

I'm thankful for my POM (practice of medicine) small group. Yesterday I had to give a presentation. From time to time, I am required to perform a history/pt. interview on a standardized patient. These are video taped, so then I have to go back and present them to my group. The interviews always involve some sort of difficult situation that is kept top secret until I'm in the middle of it. Anyway, this last one was a doozy for me. I was nervous and anxious and really uncomfortable the whole time. But after the presentation, my group was so encouraging and said that they couldn't even tell that my feathers were ruffled.

Oh...and just in case you wanted to know...yesterday I learned that according to my endocrinology and reproduction CD "humans are not sheep." Yes, that's actually what it said.

No comments: