Tuesday, January 09, 2007

26.2 miles and still smiling

Finishing a marathon is an amazing thing! Here we (Mike, me, Abby, and Tim) are before beginning the run. No we are not crazy, but we are dedicated. All four of us finished.

I could write pages on how excited I was to finish or about how I can't wait for my next one. However, instead I'm going to present you with 10 things I learned over the weekend.

1. You can get sunburned running in Orlando in January.
2. Biofreeze can actually make you cold even if it's 80 degrees outside.
3. Powerade does not agree with me during a really long run.
4. A Butterfinger never tasted as good as it did at mile 23.
5. Having people you've never met yelling your name is encouraging.
6. Mike and Tim are huge encouragers...I always want to be on their team.
7. Abby is absolutely delightful and so cheerful.
8. By day 2 post-marathon, I can walk down stairs semi-normally.
9. Tingling and numbness in your extremities is a bad sign.
10. Sometimes wearing bling actually does make me really proud.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow! I'm so proud of you, Jeanine!! I hope you were able to enjoy some rides at Disneyworld as well...hopefully pre-race, as that is a lot of walking. Got your comment this morning...I'll be back "blogging" regularly now. (well, that's the plan at least!)