Thursday, January 18, 2007

I have a confession.

Today is my 28th birthday. I don't feel 28. I'm not exactly sure how old I feel. I know I feel different than I did last year at this time. I'm not so scared. I think a lot of that has to do with spiritual growth and unpacking a lot of junk...some of which I've been carrying around for decades.

I spent the morning in the newborn nursery feeding babies. Usually, when I go, there is only 1 or maybe 2 babies to feed. Today there were 4. Happy Birthday to me! In a little while, I'm going to go give blood. It only seems right to give the gift of life on the day that I was brought into this world (please go donate if you can...blood bank stores are at critically low levels).

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
Psalm 139:13-14


Have a terrific Thursday, everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy, happy birthday...we're really glad you came...happy, happy birthday, from all the poncho's gang, Hey!!

AyDubb said...

Ah...MC Wonder Bread, I so love it when you sing the Pancho's song! Happy birthday, and ditto on the song!

Jen said...

Hey! Happy Belated Birthday, Jeanine! Sounds like your day got off to a great start. You will be a wonderful mother someday.

Jeanine said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Sarah said...

Happy really belated birthday. I'm definitely behind in my blog reading. Hope your day was great! :)