Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A different time...a different place...

Have you ever wished that you were born in a different era? I know it's kind of random, but really, there are so many great periods in history.

Sometimes I imagine myself in a mobster family. I have closets full of pretty twenties-style dresses complete with shoes, hats, and jewelry. There are tommy guns and just the whole excitement of the prohibition era and doing something illegal.

Other times I think back to the Medieval times. Bathing wasn't too frequent, but castles were plentiful...or at least in my imagination they were. There were grand feasts and dungeons and jousting to win the heart of a fair maiden.

Or maybe I'm Anne Oakley or a Southern belle living on a plantation during the Civil War or a nurse on the front lines during WWI or...so many others.

Adventure...adventure is what I want.

What time period do you dream about?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i would have to pick living today or sometime in the future. in the past:

1. no deoderant
2. no exogenous insulin
3. itchy wool clothing
4. women did not shave their axillae (AKA: armpits)
5. chick only came 'on the bone' (no chicken nuggets)

Jeanine said...

So I'm guessing you don't appreciate women going "au naturale"...although I have to admit that I am definitely not one to forgo that.