Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A Time for Everything

You would think I would be some what used to it by now, but I'm not. I don't know that you can ever actually get used to death. I know it's inevitable. One hundred percent of people will die...it's just the timing and the circumstances that bother me.

The end of last week when I arrived at work, I was greeted with the news that Mr. Johnson* had passed away. This wasn't really a surprise. He had been suffering from a terminal illness and had signed do not resuscitate orders, but still, it hurt. Today, it happened again...Mr. Smith* passed away. Somehow, I never quite get used to it. I still feel pain with the passing of a patient, and I pray that they know the Father.

To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born,
A time to die.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-2a

* Names have been changed.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Knowledge of something and living through something can be very different.

I'm sorry.