Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Perfect Body

Over the weekend, one of my friends told me that I had a perfect body. Honestly, I don't remember if I even said, "Thank you." The comment caught me off guard.

I've never thought of my body as perfect. For years, I saw my body as much bigger than it actually was. I prayed night after night to wake up 10 or 20 or 30 pounds lighter. But I'm coming to realize that I do have the perfect body. Yes, I still have bumps and wrinkles and sagginess in places I don't particularly care to...I wish I was more toned...but God made my body. He gave me two legs that work perfectly whether I'm walking into a patient's room, running in a marathon, or strolling down the beach. He gave me two arms to wrap around people to show them His love. He gave me two able hands to carry out His work. He gave me a brain so that I could learn and ultimately glorify Him.

My friend is right. I do have a perfect body, but it's not because of what it looks like. I have the perfect body because it was made by God, and He is perfect.

1 comment:

AyDubb said...

Amen, sister!