Sunday, January 13, 2008

But Miss Scarlet, I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies!

I've never hid the fact that I love babies. They are cute and adorable and so very lovable. I've spent the past week of my OB/GYN rotation in Labor and Delivery, and I have one week to go. It's been interesting. I knew I would find the birthing process miraculous, but I didn't know I would like it as much as I do. It's a good mix of surgery (which I love) and primary care (which has the continuity that I enjoy).

The only problem is that the baby is passed off to pediatrics.

How will I ever figure out what I'm going to do?

4 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Pediatrics. I'll help recruit you for a program next time I see you. :)

Sarah said...

I don't even know Beth personally (although I love reading her blog), but I totally agree with her. :) In fact, if you want to come to my program, I will put in a good word for you! :)

On another note, just keep praying; you will know what you are supposed to do when God is ready for you to know. I entered third year thinking I wanted to do either medicine, pediatrics, or med-peds. I knocked out medicine by the end of third year, but I still hadn't ruled out derm or a few other things by then. After my first rotation of fourth year, I just KNEW He was calling me into Peds. Now I can't imagine doing ANYTHING else.

Jeanine said...

I do love kids. I spent half an hour last night making fish faces with a little boy.

Nathan said...

OB/Gyn was my second choice. I think it probably does have more of everything than any other specialty, except maybe Family Practice, and OB/Gyns get a lot more respect.