Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My heart leaps!

I first heard about Mercy Ships in 2002. A girl in my singles' class in Dallas served aboard Mercy Africa for a month. Hearing about her experience and seeing her pictures really moved me. Over the years, I've had applications several times. I've even completed the application once, but didn't mail it. Something has always prevented me from going...time...money...commitments. And yet, it comes back. I hear of others who have served or Mercy Ships is mentioned during the sermon at church...and my heart leaps. I am still moved the same way I was the first time I heard. Providing healing and hope...physically and spiritually.

I hear Mercy Ships...and my heart leaps.

1 comment:

Keziah said...

Go for it! It is so much more difficult to do things like this when you are working. It'll be a great experience and might lead you to consider medical work overseas at some point.