Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The real me

Today is one fo those days where I feel like I need to reveal a little bit more about myself. I feel the need to be real. Some of these things you may already know, some of them may surprise you, and some may make you laugh. However, all of these things come together to make up part of me.

So here it goes, in no particular order...
-- I have a Father in heaven who loves me so much that He sent His Son to die in my place.
-- I like to wear pink. It makes me feel girly.
-- I like how I feel at the end of a run. I feel strong. I feel capable. I feel...sweaty.
-- My favorite place to do my quiet time is on my roof.
-- I know how to clog.
-- I've walked into a pole in the middle of the sidewalk. Seriously, it jumped right out in front of me.
-- I'm happiest when I am completely resting in the Lord.
-- In 5th grade, I was on an episode of The Children's Hour discussing how I dealt with the stress of school.
-- I don't like brussel sprouts.
-- I was sent to the principal's office in the 2nd grade.
-- In 3rd grade, I was sent into the hallway for "having the giggles."
-- I wish I knew how to play the guitar.
-- I love to go camping.
-- I enjoy wine and fruity mixed drinks, but hands down, my favorite alcoholic beverage is Highland Park Whiskey.
-- I want nothing more than to be in God's will.
-- I'm okay with being a geek. I really do enjoy studying the depolarization/repolarization of cardiac muscle cells.
-- Currently, my favorite song is "Where You Lead Me" by Mercy Me.
-- I was thrown off a horse while on a field trip at a dude ranch my junior year of high school.

Okay, I think that's 18. Yeah, I really can't claim to be a trend setter. Any questions? I'm an open book.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I forgot about your clogging skills! That made me chuckle. :}

Jeanine said...

Okay, so picture it. I'm 7 and wearing a blue and red plaid dress with puffy sleeves. I was probably wearing knee socks and saddle shoes as well. There I was sitting Indian-style on my carpet square in music class when out of the blue...the girl sitting behind me kicked me. I turned around and made an ugly face. My music teacher caught the face and sent me to the principle. After waiting in the principle's office for what seemed like eternity (to a second grader anyway), he gave me candy and sent me back to class. Exciting, I know!

Jeanine said...

Anonymous (wrt miracle question),

These are the things that keep me up at night! I have so many questions to ask Jesus about the healings He performed. Yeah, that would have been an amazing thing to witness.