Thursday, June 01, 2006

#2 Someone thinks I'm beautiful. (also #11)

Someone recently said to me, "There's something different aboout you. What have you been doing?"

I smiled and commented about being in Mexico for 10 days. I really wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, "Someone thinks I'm beautiful and that makes me feel all lit up inside."

It's an amazing thing when scriptures that I know in my head somehow make their way to my heart. While I was in Mexico, one of the local guys followed me around. He never said anything to me, but every time I turned around, he was right there. One of my fellow classmates decided to talk to him and, of course, ask him what was going on. The guy said that he thought I was beautiful but that he couldn't talk to me. My thought was, "Awe, that's sweet. He thinks I'm some sort of exotic foreigner," as I chuckled at myself.

Later that night, it hit me. This guy, this person, who didn't even know me...he didn't know my heart...thought I was beautiful and was so captivated by my beauty that he couldn't talk to me. How much more is my Heavenly Father captivate by me?! He formed me. He holds my heart. He has spent my entire life romancing me and calling me to Him. My King is enthralled with my beauty (Psalm 45:11). My King lights me up inside.

So, if the question on your heart is "Do you think I'm beautiful?"...the answer is yes. Yes, I think you are beautiful, but even more, your Heavenly Father is completely captivated by your beauty.

"The God who slung the stars across the heavens...the same One who shaped the mountains and valleys with the palm of His hand...the God whose very breath gives life...that God, the King, has always been taken with you. You have been noticed, He thinks you are beautiful, the glass slipper fits, the music is playing, and He's asking you to dance." (Thomas, 2003)

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

It's from 'Do You Think I'm Beautiful? - The Question Every Woman Asks" by Angela Thomas. It's a great book about how God romances us and longs to love us with an ultimate love.