Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's all about love.

I spent the morning working in the OB clinic for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. As I met each patient, listened to her story, and completed the exam, the same thought ran through my head, "These women need love." I only hope that I was able to demonstrate some amount of love to them during my short time with each one.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal, And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing...And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3, 13


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: