Thursday, November 29, 2007

Taking time to smell the roses

I walked through the rose garden after the Christmas Tree lightening at the hospital this evening. I took in a deep breath and savored the sweet smell of their beauty. Ahhh...I love flowers.

That's what I want for Christmas. My family keeps asking me what I want for Christmas. I jokingly told them a Wii. I mean I'd take one, but I don't really expect it. I think I'd really like flowers. Yes, I realize they wilt, but I love them. I love how colorful they are and how amazing they smell. I don't need big arrangements. I actually like to arrange my own (I worked in a florist for a while during college). I'm perfectly happy with flowers from the grocery store. I love coming in from a long day of work or studying and bending over to smell them. I love looking at them as I study. I enjoy flowers, and I can't wait until I have a yard where I can plant rose bushes and tulips and irises and gardenias and so many others. One day...

No comments: