Monday, November 12, 2007

Feels like home to me

I'm home. I spent the last three weeks in Fort Worth doing outpatient pediatrics. After three weeks away, I'm so thankful to be home. I love sleeping in my bed and being able to cook my meals.

Outpatient pediatrics was great! The kids are fantastically adorable. Ah...I truly loved them...from the screaming two year olds to the macho adolescents to the newborns just days into this world. They were great. My preceptor was fantastic. He was truly interested in teaching. He gave me room to learn and knew just when to step in so that I could learn without progressing to being overwhelmed. He valued my opinion...even when it was wrong. I learned so much in three weeks...so much more than I expected. I really enjoyed my rotation. Then I stepped into the hospital this morning, and...

...I'm home.

I can't explain it, but it's home. I don't know if it's home because I worked for several years in a hospital or because God is calling me to work as a physician in a hospital. Either way, I'm going to enjoy being home for the next several weeks.

Where's "home" for you?

No comments: