Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Dust Bunnies!

I like to have a clean home. I like to look through crystal clean glass. I like to walk in and enjoy the freshness. Sitting in a clean home somehow make me feel like my life is a little less chaotic.

But then...I found it...dust.

I reached up to the top of my bookshelf for something, and it was covered with dust. It's not a place people see. It's too high up...so I haven't bothered dusting it in a while.

How often am I like that in my spiritual life? I come before the Lord to do some "cleaning," but neglect some or several areas because I think that no one sees them. But God sees. God sees that my heart needs cleaning. He sees my hidden dust bunnies.

"You have set our iniquities before you,
Our secret sins in the light of Your countenance."
- Psalm 90:8

No comments: