Thursday, August 24, 2006

I am a hypocrite.

While on my way to school the other day, I witnessed a woman completely run a red light. I thought to myself, "I can't believe she did that. I mean we're only going 30 mph and seriously...did she not see the big, glowing red light in front of her." Then as I waited out the rest of the light, I noticed the man in the truck next to me was singing his heart out and car, or rather truck, dancing. That made me chuckle, and I started thinking about all the times I've been caught singing and car dancing (it's often). Yep, you guessed it. I was so preoccupied with thoughts of car dancing that I completely ran the next light. I didn't even pause until I was over halfway across the intersection. Fortunately, everyone else was paying attention so a wreck did not occur.

Matthew 7:3-5
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

No comments: