Monday, December 29, 2008

Pruning

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." John 15:1-2

Going through a pruning process is never easy. I know...I'm in the midst of one. God takes away or calls us to give up things that at the time seem so dear to us. But ultimately, it is for our good. He has a plan, and during the painful portions of that plan, He longs for us to turn to Him.

As the year comes to a close, is God asking you to give up "idols" and return to Him? Is He knocking on the door of your heart desiring to bring you closer to Him?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know the feeling...hang in there and you will see the bigger picture and realize it was worth it! I miss you girl!

Mendi said...

I am so glad you see the beauty and joy of Christ in the tough times, for everything comes from Him.
"For they(earthly fathers) disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, that we mary share his holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:10-11

I am glad you see the loving gardener in your life, pruning you so that you may yield more fruit for His glory!