Thursday, April 19, 2007

June 2nd

In 6 weeks and two days, I will take the USMLE Step 1.

One day - eight hours - 350 questions.

Most of my time right now is spent studying...attempting to divide the time between studying for the Step and class (only 12 days left).

This exam is important, but contrary to what the school administration says, it doesn't determine the rest of my life. God is bigger than that; He can open doors that we think are nailed shut. However, I do want to well, so I'm putting in my time.

As I prepare, I could use prayers. I had a mini-meltdown last night, which really wasn't too bad (it lasted about 20 minutes), but I need to remember that God is in control. I don't want to succumb to the anxiety that fills so many of my classmates. God has led me here. He's not about to abandon me. I need to remember that. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, You comforts delight my soul. - Psalm 94:19

When I was studying for the MCAT, one of my dear friends continually reminded me of Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. I want to remember this and continue to praise Him and glorify Him.

So yeah, I know I don't often put prayer requests on my blog, actually I don't know if I've ever put a prayer request on my blog...but I wanted to share. Please pray...and if you're inclined, I could always use gift cards to Panera Bread or Starbucks (my favorite study places).

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. - Philippians 4:6

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've been in your shoes and totally remember how scary it is. You WILL do awesome! Greater is He that is in you than he who is in the world. Remember this: you can do ALL things through Him who gives us strength.

I will be praying for you!

Jen said...

Yikes! I have not a clue as to what "Step 1" is, but I can certainly infer that it is vital to your medical career. :-) I'll be praying for you. You have such an awesome perspective on all of this...God is faithful...He will bring you through this.