Monday, October 09, 2006

My shoes :(

I bought my favorite pair of work clogs during my first year of work. I wore them most days over the 4 years I worked as a nurse. Over the past year and a half, I've worn them many, many times outside of the hospital.

Today, the lining came out of my right shoe. It's a sad day. My brown leather clogs are on their way downhill, but I'm not yet ready to give them up. My footprint is in the bottom. They completely mold to my feet. I know I can run in them when a code is called. I know they can stand up to an 18+ hour shift without killing my feet. Plus, they look really cute with fun socks.

Ah...I think I'll keep them until they really fall apart.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Maybe you can take them to the Houston Shoe Hospital. With my shoe shopping addiction, I rarely find it necessary to repair shoes, but I have had a few pairs that were soooo comfortable that they were worth spending the $$ for repairs.

Jeanine said...

Thanks for the info!

Sarah said...

What type of clogs are they? I'm totally in love with my Danskos; they make those long call nights bearable without footaches or backaches! I highly recommend getting a pair before 3rd year starts (especially before your surgery rotation).

Jeanine said...

My clogs are Borns, but I've definitely heard great things about Danskos. I just never bought a pair because I was so in love with what I already had. Maybe it is time for a change.

Sarah said...

Danskos can be expensive, but they last forever. I got 1 pair early into 3rd year, and they are still going strong during intern year! I loved my 1st pair so much that I now have 2 more pair so that I can have different colors. :)

If you decide to try some out, I highly recommend The European Walking Store in Rice Village (just to the right of Texadelphia). They will measure your foot and help you get the correct size which is a big help because Danskos tend to feel WEIRD until you get used to the fit; the heels are supposed to be loose when you walk. The EWS even threw in a free bottle of oil for the shoes both times that I bought Danskos there.

Jeanine said...

Sarah,thank you for the tips. I'll definitely visit the store. Great shoes for work are hard to find.